Monday, November 25, 2013

The long run..

I have to admit that my running has taken the back burner to the demands of a new job and the juggling of a "flex" schedule.  My long run was the first victim of the increased demands on my schedule, and I have not been able to reclaim that precious commodity of time set aside for running from home.  You see, as the name of the blog suggests, I like to run - but I love to run from home.  I take off in the opposite direction of chores, children, clutter and chaos at least one day of the weekend for a minimum of an hour and a half, to rewind, regroup, refresh and run.  I have managed to maintain my morning week day short runs, but the long run has become  an anomaly.  I laid down my weight training as my schedule changed and now with the lost long runs the weight is starting to stick.  My winter wardrobe selection shrunk  as my waist increased in size.  This morning, when I got a glimpse of my belly in the bathroom mirror, I knew it was time to commit to be fit.  There is no better time to start than now and you will see I am tenacious when I make a commitment to something.  I'm off to the gym now but stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back here -- I've been waiting! And I'm keen to see how you build that long run mileage back again -- I must admit my LSD is the favourite run of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I came back for a reread and I must say that I really enjoy the alliteration. . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete